Thursday, January 27, 2011

Week 4 Reflection

Writing: 2 hours
Drawing: 4 hours

So, this week was not extremely productive because I was sick, but I think it was good to take a break from printing. It gave me some time to draw and write, which I had been neglecting. I have to remember to make time for the little things. I'm still looking forward to printing again next week, though.


Dear House,

Sometimes you crowded me.
You woke me from my sleep
and pushed me through your doors-
forceful love,
but I was overcome.

I needed distance.
But still, I love you-
your crooked angles and warped floorboards,
your sunny light and dancing shadows.
I still need your heart.

Love,
Your third daughter


Dear House,

My chalkboard is gone,
and I don't stand behind
the backdoor to draw
anymore. Did you notice
that it was replaced with a mirror?

Love,
Your third daughter


Dear House,

Your nightlights glow
in the darkness, lighting my path
to bed. Thank you for remembering
that I was coming home late. It's nice
to know that you care.

Love,
Your third daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment