Thursday, February 3, 2011

Week 5 Reflection

Printing: 6 hours
Coloring: 8 hours
Attaching print: 2 hours
Writing: 1 hour
Text options: 1 hour

This week I colored the print I had made two weeks ago. I had a really hard time getting the color to work for me, but I think I'm pretty happy with it now - I'll have to sit on it for a while to decide. I also put another print together that I'm going to color next week. I've been thinking more about how to solve my text dilemma, and I came up with some options to try. One option is to hand stitch the poems. I tried it with plain thread, but it is too thin and not visually appealing. I also tried it with a little scrap of yarn, which I like much better. So I need to get some more yarn, or possibly embroidery thread, and see what I think. I also thought I might try screenprinting the text using my handwriting. I still don't know what scale I want the text to be, but I thought it might help if I could decide what process I want to use. So, I have more experimenting to do.

Dear House,

Wake me up
in the morning, please,
or else I'll sleep until noon
and miss your morning
light.

Love,
Your third daughter


Dear House,

Please leave the light on.
I'll try not to wake you
when I climb up
the stairs
to bed.

Love,
Your third daughter


Dear House,

Don't take it personally
if I don't visit. It's just that
I'm busy, and I've lost track of time.
I'll see you when I can. I'm sure
it won't be much longer.

Love,
Your third daughter

2 comments: