Thursday, January 20, 2011

Week 3 Reflection

Printing: 7 hours
Coloring print: 8 hours
Attaching print: 3 hours
Experimenting with text: 2 hours

I colored the print that I made last week, and I really like how it turned out. I also put together the next print that I'm going to be working on. I played around with different ways to present the text, and I've concluded that I'm still not happy with anything. I got a lot of mixed feedback from the critique yesterday about how I could present the text (large on the wall, small on the wall, in a book, multiple poems, a single poem). I'm feeling pretty indecisive about how I want it. I want the viewer to pay attention to it and read it, but I don't want it to be visually distracting or disruptive. So I still have a lot to think about. I also need to figure out how I'm going to hang these prints in the show. Last week Amanda mentioned mounting them on foam core and/or artist's board, but I'm not sure yet. So I'm going to keep working on my prints while I ponder these questions.

1 comment:

  1. I think it really comes down to whether or not you're going to have more than one poem. I also want you to frame it in some way if you're going to put it on the wall--- or find some way to put it on the same level of importance as the prints (besides size). I would love to hear/read some more poems! More is better, then you can pick and choose what works best. I've seen some books that have prints and poetry (Wu Song Ming) combined visually (side by side) and they traditionally work really well together- you can make this work- it'll be great. Have you thought about converting the writing into a print- drawing the words on a monotype plate, then printing it?

    ReplyDelete