Friday, November 26, 2010

Week 12 Reflection

Painting: 6 hours
Drawing: 5 hours


At the beginning of the week, I started two oil paintings. I still need to work on them, but I'm so excited to be painting again. I also took Amanda's suggestion to draw onto my prints, and I really enjoyed it. I used oil pastel, and I'm actually much happier with some of them now. I feel like it brings them to life, and I want to keep experimenting with this. Obviously, working with color affects the feeling of the images, and I'm curious to know how they are perceived now. I'm looking forward to getting back to my studio to continue painting, printing, and drawing.




2 comments:

  1. You have a really beautiful sensitivity to color. In using color in these prints, you lose the eerie feeling from the black and white images and gain a warmth and familiarity. Part of this is the color of the light. The light feels warm and inviting in the colored images, and cold and wintery in the black and white. What kind of feelings are you wanting to convey? The last three images that you uploaded remind me a lot of VanGogh's style of painting interior spaces. I really enjoy the subtle shadows and reflections bouncing around these rooms. I can't wait to see these in person!
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissy,
    I have some specific comments and suggestions about the color in the pieces and will come find you to talk about these. The feel of the places is changing. The color is inviting and warm, but the angles still hold some of the haunting feeling form before. So there is an interesting tension. I do think though that you are zeroing in on something here with the angles and perspective that draws us in.
    Janie

    ReplyDelete