Thursday, December 2, 2010

Week 13 Reflection

Drawing: 9 hours

This was a drawing I started, but stopped working on because I didn't really like where it was going. So I went back to doing some pastel drawings because I really enjoy them. I think they're good studies for making prints and paintings.



I also played around with the idea of a figure in some of my images, but I'm not sure yet. It's something to think about. I feel like I've really been dragging my feet this week, and I need to get moving. But, I'm only taking IP and Penny Stamps next semester, so I'm really excited about all the time I'm going to have to work on my project. I'm planning to spend a day in the print studio this weekend so I can make some more monotypes to draw on. So, I'll see where things go.

1 comment:

  1. maggie,
    The pastels continue to be good. Consider this: you are creating a space which we the viewers can inhabit. when you put a figure in it, this changes. Both clearly are good things to do. I just want you to realize that the spaces without figures are also inhabited, but by the viewers, not a representation of a person. The way your are drawing, them, we are really pulled into the space.
    Janie

    ReplyDelete